Homeology is a Real Estate Agency and Real Estate Education service owned by Emerich Real Estate Pty Ltd ABN 96 642 186 454
Homeology (also referred to as we, us, our) recognises the importance of protecting the privacy and the rights of individuals in relation to their personal information.
1. What is your personal information?
Personal information is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address and profession or occupation, cookies, subscription information, credit cards, login information, age and gender. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
2. Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to be able to conduct our business activities;
- to provide the best possible customer service and experience to customers and visitors to our website;
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to monitor, assess and improve website performance and operation;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to contractors, service providers or other third parties for the purpose serving your needs as a customer;
- for administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, and quality control purposes of Emerich Real Estate, its employees or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, and employees or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you;
- If you are a purchaser or prospective purchaser, we collect personal information to keep you updated during the purchase process.
- If you are a staff member or associated with a contractor or service provider, we collect personal information for purposes associated with your employment or managing the contract or services provided.
3. If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, we may not be able to
- provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- provide you with information about products and services that you may want;
- properly assess an application, which may result in the application being declined; or
- deal with enquiries and complaints.
4. What type of personal information do we collect and hold?
To conduct our business, we may collect your name, mailing or street address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number, and age or birth date and credit card details via our current data collection and management systems, Mailchimp, Prosperworks and Google.
Other information we may collect may be your occupation or job title, subscription information, login information and gender.
With home loan applications, we may also collect:
- identification (e.g. driver licence or other ID details)
- emergency contact details;
- details of current tenancy and/or rental history;
- details of current home ownership;
- if you are employed, details of current and previous employment including income verification
- if you are self-employed information about your business and business advisors (e.g. solicitor or accountant);
- if you are a student, information about course, income and family details;
- if you are in receipt of social security or other benefits, details of the type and amount of benefit;
- details of vehicle where applicable; and
- referee name and contact details:
- emergency contact information;
- property information; and
- banking details;
5. How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you or we may collect it
- through your access and use of our website
- through our standard application forms
- by telephone, letter, fax or email
- during conversations between you and our representatives
- by contracting with us
- by entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us
- completing surveys, providing feedback or complaining to us
- enquiry forms
- application forms
6. We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities
- your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers)
- your employer
- publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose to modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Some website features may not function properly without cookies.
- The information collected by these tools may include the IP address of the device you are using and information about sites that IP address has come from, the pages accessed on our site and the next site visited.
- We use this information to help to track your use of our websites to improve the visitor experience and to provide a quality service.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors, or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, utilities providers, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
- to entities within Australia who may store or process your data overseas.
9. Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you.
At any time, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
Direct marketing communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
10. How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below).
- We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you and, if so, the fees will be disclosed on our website.
- There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold for example if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. We will advise of the reason for any refusal to grant access.
- If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. There is no fee for the correction of inaccurate personal information details or providing further details to complete records held by us.
- What to do if you believe that your privacy has been breached?
- If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
Our website is linked to the internet which is inherently insecure, therefore, any personal information or other information which you provide to us online is provided at your own risk.
- Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties including link to affiliate businesses and organisations and we make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party website.
- We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third-party website.
14. Contacting us
We will contact you within 7 days of receipt of your communication to us and will aim to resolve any issues promptly and in an appropriate manner.
All requests, complaints or feedback are confidential.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Email: email@example.comEmerich Real Es